Back to recipes
Butternut Squash & Carrot
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 1 carrot
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp baby rice
Approx 4 portions
- Peel and chop the butternut squash and carrot.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Purée milk and stir in the baby rice.
Butternut Squash & Pear
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 ripe pear
Approx 5 portions
- Peel the butternut squash, slice in half, remove the seeds and chop into pieces.
- Steam for about 12 minutes.
- Peel, core and chop the pear; add to the steamer and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Puree in a blender.
Butternut Squash, Tomato & Red Lentils
- 1 tbps sunflower oil
- 15g celery, chopped
- 50g chopped onion
- 50 g chopped carrot
- 30g split red lentils
- 110g butternut squash
- 200 ml passata
- 200ml water
- 40g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 60g baby pasta shell
Approx 6 portions
- Heat the oil and sauté the onion and celery for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the lentils and add to the saucepan.
- Add the butternut squash and sauté for 1 minute.
- Pour in the passata and water. Cover and cook over a low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
- Puree in a blender and stir in the drained pasta.